Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Common Sense Media

I am consistently visiting and referring parents to the website commonsensemedia.org. This website is a valuable resource for screening your child's media. It is nicely organized into categories including video games, movies, tv shows, books, websites. Each review includes age-appropriateness and tells you exactly why it was rated for a certain age. It also rates each of these categories: messages, role models, violence, sex, language, consumerism, drugs & smoking. These categories can be expanded into more detailed explanations. I reviewed all the shows and games that my kids currently play and learned a lot. I will definitely be modifying my kids viewing habits. I also just downloaded the app for my phone and will refer to it often.

No comments: